2/20-2/21: Two-day USC Conference on Optimizing Healthcare Quality and Medication Use and Safety
February 18, 2014
Contact: Kukla Vera at firstname.lastname@example.org (323) 442-3497
“Optimizing Medication Safety and Healthcare Quality: Best Practices and Collaborations,” is a two-day conference sponsored by the USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics and the USC School of Pharmacy in collaboration with the Department of Health and Human Services Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
This national conference brings together healthcare stakeholders – including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, public and private payers, ACO administrators – who will ultimately help shape healthcare as it evolves in the 21st century.
Full conference agenda available at http://www.usc.edu/projects/pharmweb/emails/pdf/USC-National-Medication-Safety-and-Healthcare-Quality-Collaboration-Conference-v10.pdf
WHO: Speakers include:
- Leonard D. Schaeffer, Judge Robert Maclay Widney Professor and Chair, USC; Founding Chair and CEO, WellPoint – “The ACA: Change is the Only Constant”
- Mark Loafman, MD, HRSA Patient Safety & Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative; Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine – “Physician Perspective on Medication Therapy Quality and Safety”
- Dennis Helling, PharmD, Exercutive Director Emeritus, Pharmacy Operations & Therapeutics, Kaiser Permanente, Colorado – “Clinical Pharmacy Services and Quality Improvement in Health Systems”
- Geoffrey Joyce, PhD, Director of Health Policy, Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics, USC; PI of CMS Innovation grant – “Defining Value in Healthcare”
- Michael Hochman, MD, Medical Director for Innovation, AltaMed Health Services, and Steven Chen, PharmD, Associate Professor, USC School of Pharmacy and Co-PI of CMS Innovation grant – “Integration of Clinical Pharmacy Teams into a Large Safety-Net Primary Care Medical Home Network”
- Kermit Crawford, RPh, President, Health & Wellness, Walgreens – “Community Pharmacy Role in Improving Clinical and Financial Outcomes”
- Terry Olson, MD,Senior Cliical Executive, Heritage ACO Development Organization – “The ACO Mission and Alignment with Clinical Pharmacy Services”
WHEN & WHERE:
Thursday, February 20, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Radisson Hotel – LA Midtown at USC
3540 S. Figueroa Street
Los Anegles, CA 90089
Friday, February 21, 8:15 AM-12:30 PM
USC Town & Gown on the USC University Park Campus http://web-app.usc.edu/maps/#upc/
FOR MEDIA: Media interviews are available. Contact Kukla Vera at email@example.com.