Edward J. McCaffery
Expert on tax law, election and voting reform, and estate taxes
Holder of Maurice Jones Jr. Professorship in Law
Executive Director, Institute on Federal Taxation
Director, USC-Caltech Center for the Study of Law and Politics
- tax law, especially tax matters affecting women or families (e.g., child care credits)
- comprehensive tax reform (flat tax, national sales tax, etc.)
- gift and estate taxes and the argument for their repeal
- election/ voting reform
- marriage penalty tax
- tax exempt status of churches and non-profit organizations
- Author of Taxing Women (1997) and Fair Not Flat : How to Make the
- Tax System Better and Simpler
- Testified on tax reform before U.S. Congress.
- Served as Bill Bradley’s issues advisor during Bradley’s presidential campaign.