March 31: LAUSD Chief John Deasy to speak on Vergara trial
March 28, 2014
Deasy joins USC law and education experts to discuss Vergara v. California, a court case currently underway to limit teacher protections in California
WHAT: Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent John Deasy will give a keynote address on Vergara v. California, a trial currently underway in Los Angeles seeking to invalidate California’s teacher tenure and seniority-based layoff laws.
Following his talk, Deasy will join a panel of USC education and law experts for discussion and Q&A on the case.
• John Deasy, superintendent of Los Angeles Unified School District
• Susan Estrich, Robert Kingsley Professor of Law And Political Science, USC Gould School of Law
• Karen Symms Gallagher, dean of the USC Rossier School of Education
• Julie Marsh, associate professor of K-12 education policy, USC Rossier School
• Katharine O. Strunk, associate professor of education and policy, USC Rossier School and USC Price School of Public Policy
WHEN: 4-6 p.m. on Monday, March 31
**LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy will be available for media interviews at the conclusion of the panel discussion**
WHERE: USC Davidson Conference Center, 3415 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, 90089 (campus map here: http://web-app.usc.edu/maps/#upc/)