Expert in health policy and economics, including the impact of pharmaceutical spending on the economy
Associate professor, USC School of Pharmacy
- health economics
- health policy
- health insurance, including payment policies
- life insurance
- pharmaceutical spending and prices
- the cost of HIV drugs
- the effects of insurance on HIV mortality
- accidents due to daylight saving time
- Sood’s recent work spans several areas, including the impact of rising health care costs on the United States economy and the role of public policy in encouraging innovation.
- Sood holds an M.A. in Economics from Indiana University, an M.A. in Economics from the Delhi School of Economics and a Ph.D. in Policy Analysis from the Pardee RAND Graduate School.