Expert in clinical care and caregiver support for dementia, clinical trials, patient safety and cultural attitudes toward dementia
Medical Director, USC Alzheimer's Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI)
Professor of Clinical Neurology, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Clinical care for dementia
- Caregiver support in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Early-onset dementias such as front temporal dementia
- Medical safety in Alzheimer’s clinical trials
- Asian American attitudes toward dementia
- Created www.lifeandminds.ca/whendementiaisinthehouse, an international website for teenaged caregivers to parents with early-onset dementia.
- Wrote The Memory Clinic, a book for lay readers to address caregiver burden but also to translate information about dementia prevention and research directions.
- Blogging about caregiver issues and clinical trial news at drchowftd.wordpress.com
- Tweeting about neuroscience, dementia, caregiver resources and policy at @tchowbella