USC Alumni Host Community Service Around the Globe
More Than 1,600 USC Alumni and Friends Expected To Participate in Community Service Projects Worldwide During the 2013 USC Alumni Day of SCervice.
What: The USC Alumni Association will host:
• The 2013 USC Alumni Day of SCervice, which creates an opportunity for alumni and friends to participate in local community service projects worldwide
• More than 1,600 alumni and friends across 18 states and eight countries are expected to participate in 71 community service projects — up from the 2012 USC Alumni Day of SCervice’s total of 60 projects
• These local service volunteer projects run the gamut from cleaning up beaches and parks to serving soup kitchen meals and spending time with disadvantaged children
• Global Brigades, the world’s largest student-led global health and sustainable development organization, is an event sponsor
• The 2013 USC Alumni Day of SCervice co-chairs are Deena Lew ’85 and Scott Sternberg ’07
• For more information about the event, please visit the website http://alumnigroups.usc.edu/scervice/
Social media: Find news and photos of the event with hashtag #SCervice.
When and Where: Saturday, March 23, 2013. Various times and locations worldwide.
The USC Alumni Association’s mission is to support the overall advancement of the University of Southern California by engaging all alumni for life, building a culture of philanthropy among the Trojan Family, and being the representative voice for all USC alumni.
With more than 300,000 members worldwide, the USC Alumni Association supports more than 100 affiliated alumni clubs, alumnae support groups and multicultural and generational alumni communities. These groups collectively distribute more than two million dollars each year in scholarships for USC students. In addition, the USC Alumni Association annually hosts hundreds of events and programs around the world, and provides benefits and services to all USC alumni. The 2012-2013 USC Alumni Association Board of Governors president is Mitchell Lew ’83, MD ’87 and the Interim Associate Vice President for Alumni Relations is Patrick Auerbach EdD ’08.
Contact: Jaimey Wiener at 213-740-9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.