Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
- machine learning
- network science
- social networks
- artificial intelligence
- social good
- Actively involved in COVID-19 forecasting with the CDC, ECDC and other forecasting efforts around the world.
- Generating daily forecasts for up to county/districts around the world (20,000 locations).
- One of the winners of the 2014-15 DARPA Grand Challenge on Chikungunya forecasting.
- Working on how to apply AI and network science to real-world problems.
- Worked on reducing violence among the homeless that demonstrated success in a pilot study. I also work on how to make programs faster using AI.