Expert on adults and healthy aging with expertise in aging in prison, HIV/AIDS, and women’s issues.
Adult Mental Health and Wellness
USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work
- Aging in Prison
- Older Adults and counseling
- Older Women’s Issues
- Intraprofessional care
- Building a Geriatric Workforce
- Fulbright Specialist(Awarded October 11, 2019). Offered through the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and World Learning, and recommended by the Peer Review Panel for placement on the Fulbright Specialist Roster for a tenure of three years.
- Joosten-Hagye, D., Katz, A., Sivers-Teixeira, T., & Yonshiro-Cho, J. (2020). Age-friendly student senior connection: students’ experience in an interprofessional pilot program to combat loneliness and isolation among older adults during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Katz, A. and Levine, R. (2019). Prisoners of Age: The Women
- Altschuler J, Katz A. (2015). “Of course it’s relevant!”: A focus group study of older adults’ perceived importance of HIV/AIDS prevention education.