Expert in Databases, Spatial Databases, Multimedia Databases, Geospatial Information Systems, and data mining, Contact tracing
Helen N. and Emmett H. Jones Professor
Professor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Spatial Sciences at USC
Chair of Computer Science Department
Director of the Integrated Media Systems Center
Director of the Information Laboratory (InfoLAB)
- Data Science
- Contact tracing
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Location Privacy
- 2012-2019 (Acquired): Chief Scientist & Founder, TallyGo, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2004-2012 (Acquired): Chief Tech. Officer & Founder, Geosemble Tech., Los Angeles, CA.
- IEEE Fellow 2014.
- Invited speaker in the National Research Council (of the National Academies) Committee on New Research Directions for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, May 2010
- ACM Distinguished Scientists award, 2009.
- US Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, PECASE Award, 2003.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2002
- Geo-Immersion Makes Maps Come Alive July 11, 2011