Expert in history of representations of Arabs and Muslims in the U.S. media and on forms of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim racism.
Associate Professor, American Studies and Ethnicity
USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Representations of Arabs and Muslims in the U.S. media
- Arab and Muslim stereotypes
- Diversifying media representations (Arabs and Muslims in the U.S.)
- Author of Arabs and Muslims in the Media: Race and Representation after 9/11 (NYU Press, 2012).
- Guest curator of Arab American National Museums online exhibit: www.arabstereotypes.org
- Served on the Community Advisory Committee for Disney’s Aladdin (2019)