Rev. Jim Burklo
Expert in progressive Christianity, mindfulness and religion in politics
Associate Dean, Office of Religious Life, USC
Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy, USC School of Social Work
- Interfaith engagement and cooperation
- Religious rhetoric in politics
- Theologically progressive Christianity
- Socially/politically progressive Christianity
- Social welfare public policy
- Mindfulness meditation
- Christian mystical spirituality
- Author of five books: OPEN CHRISTIANITY, BIRDLIKE AND BARNLESS, HITCHHIKING TO ALASKA, SOULJOURN, and DEEPER LOVE: Faithful Rhetoric for Progressive Social Change.
- Finishing a new book: MINDFUL CHRISTIANITY, in 2016.
- Weekly blogger re: progressive Christianity and related topics – posting at Huffington Post, Patheos.com, ProgressiveChristianity.com, and many other sites
- Ordained United Church of Christ (ucc.org) pastor: preaching and teaching in churches around the US on topics of progressive