MEDIA ADVISORY: Inauguration celebration for USC and President Carol L. Folt
September 12, 2019
Contact and RSVP: USC Media Relations, (213) 740-2215 or email@example.com
WHAT: Tens of thousands celebrate the inauguration of Carol L. Folt as USC’s 12th president. The pageantry and splendor of ceremonies and traditions dating back to the 19th century come to life as the Trojan Family welcomes its first female president.
WHEN: Friday, September 20 at 10 a.m.
WHERE: Alumni Park, University Park Campus
• USC President Carol L. Folt
• USC Board of Trustees Chair Rick J. Caruso
• Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
• Students, faculty, staff, alumni and parents
• A regal processional featuring delegates representing groups from across the university and the community
• Former Interim President Wanda M. Austin and Board of Trustees Chair Rick J. Caruso bestowing the Presidential Medallion of Office
• Rarely seen university regalia and heirlooms like the University Mace, a ceremonial scepter symbolizing the authority of the Office of the President
• Heraldic flags and banners
• A sea of cardinal and gold as 10,000 members of the Trojan Family celebrate
• RSVP must be received no later than 10 a.m. on Thursday, September 19 to reserve a seat or a spot on the riser
• Check in no later than 9:30 a.m. on Friday, September 20; late arrivals may not be admitted and all media will be asked to show credentials
• Media check-in desk is south of Doheny Library at Childs Way, near the main stage
• Inauguration ceremony begins at 10 a.m. and ends at approximately noon, followed immediately by a celebratory luncheon
Parking for news vans:
On-campus parking for broadcast vehicles is on West 34th Street. Enter at McClintock Gate (McClintock Avenue and West Jefferson Boulevard) then turn left on 34th Street. Overflow parking may be available on West 37th Place between Watt Way and McClintock Avenue (enter at Downey Way gate, turn right at McClintock and left at West 37th).
Parking for other media:
Enter at Downey Way gate, park in Downey Way Structure. Do not park in a reserved space.
The ceremony and celebration are part of a series of inaugural events welcoming USC’s 12th president. More information about the inauguration and USC presidential history can be found here. A biography of President Carol L. Folt is available here.