A discussion regarding the first results of the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times California poll during a teleconference for media on Wed., May 23 at 9:30 a.m. PST (12:30 p.m. EST).
The full poll results and methodology will be posted online at https://dornsife.usc.edu/unruh/polls/, according to the following schedule:
May 23, 6 a.m. (PST)
- Support for California gubernatorial and U.S. Senate candidates
- Support for a single-payer healthcare system in California
- Opinions regarding the direction of California and Gov. Jerry Brown
- Approval of President Donald Trump
- Support for the federal Affordable Care Act and the new federal tax law adopted last year
- Support for congress members based on vote for new federal tax law and to repeal Affordable Care Act
- Approval of the following potential candidates for U.S. president in 2020: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris,Tom Steyer
May 24, 6 a.m. (PST)
- Support for repeal of California’s new gas tax
May 25, 6 a.m. (PST)
- Prop. 13: Opinion regarding impact on economy, support for amending the property tax benefits
- Support for high-speed rail system in California
May 27, 6 a.m. (PST)
- Support for California’s top-two primary system, changes to how Californians vote
The poll’s sample of 835 adult residents of California are members of the Center for Economic and Social Research’s Understanding America Study (UAS) probability-based California internet panel. The poll was conducted online April 18-May 18, 2018 in English or Spanish and included 691 registered voters and 517 likely voters. Its overall margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points for registered and for likely primary voters.
A media teleconference call about the poll results will be held at 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, May 23.
The following experts will discuss and take questions:
- Robert Shrum, director of USC Dornsife’s Unruh Institute of Politics
- Jill Darling, survey director of USC Dornsife’s Center for Economic and Social Research
Spots are limited.RSVP to Jim Key at email@example.com or (213) 821-2992
- Access code 449736
* NOTE: A digital recording of the teleconference will be available for reporters to replay until May 30. It can be accessed by dialing 1-(800) 475-6701 and entering access code 449736.
About the poll
The USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll is a partnership of the Los Angeles Times and two institutions of the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences: the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics and the Center for Economic and Social Research. The Center for Economic and Social Research is proud to be a member of the American Association for Public Opinion Research’s Transparancy initiative. The Full methodological details about the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll is available online at UASdata.usc.edu. The Poll is funded by the USC Dornsife College of Arts, Letters and Sciences.