Information and resources about former USC student health center doctor
May 15, 2018
This page has been replaced with a new web site. Please see Resources for Student Health Center Patients for the latest information.
The university has also released an Action Plan to revisit the university’s values, improve campus culture, restructure a number of the university’s operations and revise employment policies.
LAST UPDATED: May 21, 2018 at 12:45 p.m.
Below are official materials from USC regarding the former USC health center gynecologist. They include a letter from President C. L. Max Nikias, along with a statement of facts outlining the university’s record of events, recently sent to faculty, students and staff.
UPDATES: Added a letter to students from USC’s chief health officer for USC Student Health (5/15/18, 5:53 p.m.); added a letter to the USC community from USC’s provost and senior vice president for administration (5/16/18, 7:04 p.m.); added a letter to the USC community from USC President C. L Max Nikias (5/18/18, 4:58 p.m.; added a message to faculty and staff (5/21/18, 12:45 p.m.)
- Letter from USC President C. L. Max Nikias to the USC community (May 15, 2018)
- Statement of Facts (May 15, 2018)
- Message from Dr. Sarah Van Orman, Chief Health Officer, USC Student Health (May 15, 2018)
- Letter from USC Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Michael Quick and USC Senior Vice President for Administration Todd R. Dickey to the USC community (May 16, 2018)
- Letter from USC President C. L. Max Nikias to the USC Community (May 18, 2018)
- Message from Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Michael Quick (May 21, 2018)
We urge anyone with additional information or concerns regarding Dr. George Tyndall’s behavior to report it at this dedicated number: (833) 889-8833 or the following website: USC COMPLIANCE REPORTING. We understand how difficult this may be, and we pledge to handle your outreach with compassion and sensitivity. We stand resolute in bringing all facts—however difficult—to light.
We also encourage any current or former students who wish to receive support to contact our student counseling services at (213) 740-7711 at our University Park Campus, or (323) 442-5631 at our Health Sciences Campus.