USC Commencement: Friday, May 10, special media access instructions
May 6, 2019
Contact and RSVP: Ron Mackovich at (213) 810-8583 or email@example.com; RSVP must be received no later than 10 a.m., Thursday, May 9 to reserve a seat or a spot on the riser.
The University of Southern California’s commencement ceremony will be held the morning of Friday, May 10, on the University Park Campus.
U.S. Representative Karen Bass, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, will deliver the commencement address. Satellite ceremony speakers include internationally acclaimed dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov, TV host Jimmy Kimmel and actress Kristen Bell.
More than 60,000 people, including graduates, their families and friends, will participate in the festivities on campus. There are strict access requirements in place for media organizations.
- No later than 7:45 a.m. on Friday, May 10. Late arrivals may not be admitted. All media will be asked to show credentials.
- Check-in desk is south of Doheny Library at Childs Way, near the main stage. The ceremony is held at the center of campus in Alumni Park.
- The main commencement ceremony will be held outdoors, rain or shine. Please bring appropriate gear.
- Event starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at approximately 10:15 a.m.
- A riser and mult box will be available. Once on the riser, media will be asked to remain in place until the ceremony concludes.
Parking for news vans:
On-campus parking for broadcast vehicles is on West 34th Street. Enter at Downey Way gate (Vermont Avenue at 36th Place), turn left on McClintock Avenue, then right on West 34th Street. Overflow parking may be available on W. 37th Place between Watt Way and McClintock Avenue (enter at Downey Way gate, turn right at McClintock and left at West 37th).
Parking for other media:
Enter at Downey Way gate, park in Downey Way Structure. Do not park in a reserved space.