The induction of Nelson Mandela into the L.A. Memorial Coliseum Court of Honor
May 12, 2014
Contact: Eddie North-Hager at (213) 740-9335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: In 1990, just months after he was released from prison, Nelson Mandela spoke to more than 70,000 people at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
To pay tribute to that historic moment, Mandela will be posthumously inducted into the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Court of Honor.
Located at the Coliseum Peristyle, the plaques that comprise the Memorial Court of Honor commemorate outstanding persons or events, athletic or otherwise, that have had an impact upon the history, glory and growth of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, from Mildred “Babe”Didrikson to Pope John Paul II.
WHEN: 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, 2014
• Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, President of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission
• USC President C.L. Max Nikias
• USC Senior Vice President of University Relations Thomas Sayles
• Los Angeles City Councilman Curren D. Price Jr., Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum commissioner
• South African Consul General Cyril S. Ndaba
WHERE: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Peristyle
PARKING: RSVP for instructions. Call (213) 220-1806 or email@example.com