Expert in periodontitis, including in Down syndrome patients
Associate Professor of Clinical Dentistry, Division of Periodontology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
- periodontitis associated with Down syndrome
- aggressive periodontitis
- implant dentistry
- full-mouth reconstruction
- surgical photography
- advanced treatment planning
- instructional and educational media
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Recipient, Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching Grant at USC (for dental podcasting)
- Subject Matter Expert in Periodontics, Dental Board of California
- This series of publications examines current elements in treatment planning of teeth versus implants. This body of research offers a rationale for deciding between treatment of teeth or replacement with dental implants when considering the success of traditional therapies and weighing our current lack of understanding of implant disease:
- Frydman A., Simonian K. Review of Models for Titanium as a Foreign Body. CDA Journal. 2014 December; 42(12):829-833.
- Simonian K., Frydman A., Verdugo F., Roges R., Kar K. Implant Treatment Planning: Endodontic Considerations. CDA Journal. 2014 December; 42(12):835-839.
- Kar K., Frydman A., Simonian K. Dental Implants: replacement of missing teeth or to replace teeth? Journal of Periodontology and Oral Implantology. 2013 September; 32(1):55-69.
- This series of publications examines classic presentations of aggressive periodontitis and emerging populations of immnunocompromised patients with the same presentation:
- Gonzalez S., Frydman A. The non-surgical management of a patient with Kostmann Syndrome Associated periodontitis: a case report. J of Oral Science. 2014 December; 56(4):315-8.
- Frydman A., Nowzari H. Trisomy 21 Associated Periodontitis: A Review. Compendium. 2012 May; 33(5): 356-61.
- Frydman A., Simonian K. Aggressive Periodontitis; A Historical Perspective. CDA Journal. 2011 June; 39(6): 377-82.
- Frydman A., Verdugo F., Simonian K., Kar K. Trisomy 21 Associated Aggressive Periodontitis: A Five year Follow-Up. Clinical Advances in Periodontics. 2011 November; 1(3):215-220.
- This series of publications examines the various influences on the long term stability of block bone grafts:
- Verdugo F., Frydman A., Castillo A., Ponton J., Nowzari H. Long Term Onlay Graft Volume Maintenance in Aggressive Periodontitis. International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry. 2011 Sept-Oct; (5): e71-9.
- Verdugo F., Simonian K., Frydman A., D Addona A., Ponton J. Long Term Onlay Graft Stability in Thin Biotype: A clinical and tomographic study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011 Mar-Apr; 26(2):325-32.